|Stuffed Zucchini Mini Boats with Fresh Mozarella Cheese|
4 medium sized potatoes
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
200g fresh mozarella (you can use the easily available mozarella cheese cubes too)
Any dried herbs (I used oregano, thyme and rosemary)
- Cut the zucchini into medium sized rings and then cut it into halves to create the mini boats. Scoop out a little bit of the inside to make place for the stuffing.
- Brush the zucchini boats with some olive oil, salt and pepper and microwave for 1 minute.
- For the stuffing: Boil potatoes; remove skin and mash them with thyme, oregano and salt. (You can use any dried herbs here)
- Pan fry some thinly diced onions, green chilies and garlic with olive oil.
- Turn off heat and add the potatoes to the pan to infuse with the mixture.
- Add stuffing on top of the zucchini boats
- Add some mozzarella cheese on the top (grate the cheese or add it as small chunks)
- Microwave for abt 2-3 minutes (till the cheese starts melting).
- Take it out, sprinkle some rosemary (or any other dried herb) and serve.
- For those who need some punch to cut the cheesy flavour, top it with some Tabasco sauce or Tomato sauce. Alternatively, you could add some tomatoes to the stuffing itself.